Conservation Refurbishment of Malahide Castle and Existing Buildings including the reconfiguration of Existing Outbuildings and Stables to create a new retail and leisure attraction. A conservation and refurbishment of the castle and Associated Outbuildings, which were protected structures with parts dating from 1175. Barrett Mahony provided Civil and Structural Engineering Services direct to Fingal County Council Architects and Conservation Departments who were the Client on the project.
Services provided by BMCE:
- Conservation refurbishment of parts of the castle including careful new open formations, wall removaland pit excavations.
- Refurbishment of stable and outbuildings to create new retail space, occupied by Avoca Coffee Shop.
- Construction of new contemporary retail building.
- Construction of new glass house structure.
- Site development works including large irrigation rainwater harvesting tank.
- New roads, pathway and car parking areas.
- Upgrade works to botanical gardens.