Project: Facebook, No. 4&5 Grand Canal Square Fit-Out
Architect: Michael Collins Architects
Date Completed: 2015
Barrett Mahony Consulting Engineers provided civil and structural engineering consultancy services for fit out of large seven storey building over basement. Civil and structural aspects included:
- New basement level shower facilities.
- Steel framed meeting ‘pods’ formed at various floor levels.
- New steel tripod feature stairs (see photo opposite).
- Various structural alterations.
- Steel elements for folding partition walls.
The project was undertaken on a phased basis with floors of the building completed and handed over whilst works
continued in remaining parts of the building. This required careful planning and design, especially regarding installation of steel framed elements into a live building.