Project: Thomas Street Student Housing
Client: Gardiner & Theobald
Architect: O’Mahony Pike Architects Ltd.
Recently completed project involving construction of circa 290 bed student housing development. The development consists of the construction of two storey blocks of five and six storey student accommodation and refurbishment of existing historic structures. The blocks are comprised of an insitu concrete frame over part basement.
Services provided by BMCE:
• Structural appraisals and condition schedules.
• Preparation of planning package, design of structural and civil engineering elements of the project.
• Preparation of tender documentation, evaluation of tenders, monitoring on site during construction stage, cost
• Health & Safety Designer duties.
• Design compliance verification and other related services associated with the project execution and delivery.
Some key project specific items relating to our services are as follows:
• Below ground drainage design in accordance with Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS).
• Assessment of existing structure and associated remedial works design.
• Design and detailing of reinforced concrete elements including pilecaps, core bases, retaining walls, columns,
beams and flat slabs.
• Design and detailing of roof steelwork including columns, beams and bracing elements.
• Site inspections and attendance at design team meetings.
• BIM Level 2.