Our in-house civil engineering department utilise the latest leading analysis and modelling software to provide bespoke, cost-effective solutions for our valued clients.
At BMCE we provide a broad range of consulting engineering services. We have a dedicated in-house civil engineering department who strive to deliver the optimum design for each project. We are available to input at every stage of a project, from preliminary reports through to site supervision and handover.
Our team has a wealth of experience in infrastructure, geotechnical, road and bridge design across a broad range of projects including:
- Retail Parks & Shopping Centres
- Schools and Universities
- Healthcare Facilities
- Office & Commercial Developments
- Residential Estates
- Harbours & Marina
- Road Realignments & Junction Upgrades
- Public Works Contracts
Our civil department works with architects, M&E designers, and landscape architects as well as our own structural department to determine the optimum solution for each project, while ensuring compliance with the relevant codes and standards is achieved. BMCE regularly liaise with Local Authorities and Public Bodies on behalf of our clients in order to agree a design that satisfies all stakeholders’ interests.
We maintain up-to-date libraries of relevant codes, standards and guidelines, and update our licences annually for analysis and modelling software which ensures our engineers have access to the latest tools to provide bespoke cost-effective solutions for our clients.
Our civil engineering services includes:
- Road & Bridge Design
- Surface & Basement Car Park Design
- Pavement Design
- Road Signage & Line Marking Design
- Traffic Impact Assessments
- Road Safety Audits
- Drainage & Watermain Design
- 3D Modelling of Site Services
- Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS)
- Attenuation Systems and Flow Control Design
- Drainage Network Simulations
- Green Roof Design
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Procurement and Tender Stage Management
- PSDP and Site Supervision
BMCE have in-house specialist geotechnical capability to support our structural core services. Our chartered geotechnical engineers have broad design and construction experience in Ireland and the UK, which gives clients confidence that we provide an efficient service where structures and infrastructure interact with the ground and ground water. Risk mitigation is often the focus of our geotechnical work, be it in the specification of adequate ground investigations or in design of temporary works below ground. Efficient design is ensured by combining experience with industry standard software and a collaborative approach.
Our geotechnical services include:
- Soil Stabilisation and Slope Stability Analysis
- Basement and Piles Design
- Soft Ground and Peat Site Solutions
- Earthworks Volume Analysis for Sloping Sites