Barrett Mahony Consulting Engineers (BMCE) were proud to be involved in the refurbishment and renovation of the historic Bewley’s Cafe on Grafton Street Dublin which reopened its doors on November 1st 2017.
BMCE provided civil and structural engineering services on the project. Sensitive refurbishment and renovation of the historic Bewleys Café on Grafton Street including: extension of the existing mezzanine, provision of new steel stair, steel framed corridor and plant rooms at roof level; comprehensive fit out and new mechanical and electrical services.
The C&S works involved at a high level:
- Some minor modification / upgrade works to the below slab drainage.
- Temporary and permanent works design for the external balcony.
- Existing structure strengthening works and alterations.
- Design of new steel framed mezzanine level.
- Design of new external steel stair, roof strengthening works and plant rooms.